First time for everything

Not sure if this whole blogging thing is for me. Do people wanna know what I am thinking? Do I really want them to know? I am not sure if I can put forth the honesty that others do in their posts. But if my brother John could do it I figure I will give it a try.

We have been in sask for 3 weeks now.....3....weeks. I am so ready to go home. I love my family so much and Marv and Susan have been so awesome letting us stay and nurse our children here. This flu is awful. I hate watching my children hurt and being powerless to defend them. All I can do is dose them with drugs and take temperatures. I have become OCD about that actually. They can't walk past me now without me checking their foreheads. Ethan was feverish for 7 days and then he finally got better. Connor is just finished I think. Not sure how many days he was feverish, the days all blur together . He also had a rash of some sort that we had to give him Benydryl 2 or 3 times a day. And he is such a joy to medicate. Cadence seems to be over the fever now as well. So we are left with congestion and a nasty cough. Woo Hoo!!

So now we only have to drive for two days through the mountains, most likely through some snow, and then take that stupid expensive ferry, and then we will be home. What a great place home is. I am not sure if I ever wanna leave again once I am there.

I will not be doing that goofy anagram post every day thing....no time folks. I will try and post a couple times a week. I am gonna have to do some work to this page. I am clueless on how to do that. Might have to get help from Carrie or Mel. hint hint...since they said I should do this.

8 comments:

footsack November 5, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

Why am I having such trouble posting a comment here? This is my 5th time trying? Anyone else?
Anyway I am glad to see you are blogging. I think you may want to get Carrie or Becky to look at your posting box. I can't seem to scroll down to his 'post'.
I will be sure to come here and make sure you keep it up!!!

Unknown November 5, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Glad to see you posting as well! And I'm also glad to hear that you guys are all somewhat on the mend and will be home soon! :D And watch out if you don't post on a regular basis, you'll be harassed. LOL

Unknown November 5, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

Yeah, it looks like something is wonky with this template. There definitely needs to be a scroll bar in the comment box somehow, because when I go to comment, it wants me to do a word verification, and I have to tab to get to the boxes. Weird. I'm sure I could add one, if you really like this template.

Margaret November 6, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

I tried to comment 3 times yesterday. Maybe this time it will work.

Melanie November 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

Hmm, having trouble commenting. Let's see if Carrie's tab idea works.

Sue November 9, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Ok I am going to try again.

BTW I enjoyed this post. Just seeing the words tickety boo made me smile. I hope someday you do get a piece of land for your kids to do all those things you want them to do.

Sue November 9, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

IT Worked!!! thanks Carrie!

Trav November 10, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

i like it dave.... i'm hoping there's another plot of land right beside that one for me and amanda, and there better be fish in that river.

Post a Comment